Hall of Fame Excellent (HOFX) Breeder Program Rules
- Only AKC titles earned by Miniature American Shepherds will be recognized for Hall of Fame Excellent Breeder.
- Points are cumulative for the point tally requirement. (e.g. A dog with a CDX counts its CD as 1 pt. and its CDX as 1 pt. for a total of 2 points.)
Breeders must earn at least 250 points with the following requirements:
- 20 dogs with Conformation Champion Titles.
- 10 dogs with obedience and/or rally titles (A dog with an CD and RA can count only one. At least three of the obedience and/or rally titles must be CDX or RE or higher.)
- 10 dogs with Agility Titles (A dog can count NA or NAJ, but only one agility title per dog AND at least three (3) of the agility titles must be AX/AXJ or higher.)
- 4 dogs with Herding titles (A dog can obtain Started titles or higher, but each dog can only count one title.)
- 5 dogs with Performance Champion Titles from the following options:
- Master Agility Champion (MACH) or Preferred Agility Champion (PACH)
- Obedience Trial Champion (OTCH)
- Herding Champion (HC)
- Rally Champion (RACH)
Any MASCUSA member will be entered as a MASCUSA Hall of Fame Excellent Breeder who has earned at least 250 points and have met the requirements for Miniature American Shepherds bred that have earned the title requirements listed after the point schedule. (A person will be considered a breeder of record on all Miniature American Shepherds for which they are listed on the AKC registration papers as breeder or co-breeder.)
|Conformation - Total Allowed Per Dog: 6 points|
|Obedience - Total Possible Per Dog: 6 points|
|Obedience Trial Champion (OTCH)||2|
|Utility Dog Excellent (UDX) or Preferred Utility Dog Excellent (PUDX)||1|
|Utility Dog (UD) or Preferred Utility Dog (PUTD)||1|
|Companion Dog Excellent (CDX) or Preferred Companion Dog Excellent (PCDX)||1|
|Companion Dog (CD) or Preferred Companion Dog (PCD)||1|
|Agility (Performance) - Total Possible Per Dog: 6 points|
|Master Agility Champion (MACH) OR Preferred Agility Champion (PACH)||2|
|Master Agility Excellent (MX) OR Master Excellent Jumpers with Weaves (MXJ) OR Master Agility Excellent Preferred (MXP) OR Master Excellent Jumpers with Weaves Preferred (MJP)||1|
|Agility Excellent (AX) OR Agility Excellent Jumpers with Weaves (AXJ) OR Agility Excellent Preferred (AXP) OR Agility Excellent Jumpers with Weaves Preferred (AJP)||1|
|Open Agility (OA) OR Open Jumpers with Weaves (OAJ) OR Open Agility Preferred (OAP) OR Open Jumpers with Weaves Preferred (OJP)||1|
|Novice Agility (NA) OR Novice Agility Jumpers with Weaves (NAJ) OR Novice Agility Preferred (NAP) OR Novice Agility Jumpers with Weaves Preferred (NJP)||1|
|Herding (Performance) - Total Possible Per Dog: 11 points|
|Herding Champion (HC)||2|
|Herding Excellent -Cattle -Course A (HXAC) OR Course B (HXBC)||1|
|Herding Excellent -Sheep -Course A (HXAS) OR Course B (HXBS)||1|
|Herding Excellent -Ducks -Course A (HXAD) OR Course B (HXBD)||1|
|Herding Intermediate -Cattle -Course A (HIAC) OR Course B (HIBC)||1|
|Herding Intermediate -Sheep -Course A (HIAS) OR Course B (HIBS)||1|
|Herding Intermediate -Ducks -Course A (HIAD) OR Course B (HIBD)||1|
|Herding Started -Cattle -Course A (HSAC) OR Course B (HSBC)||1|
|Herding Started -Sheep -Course A (HSAS) OR Course B (HSBS)||1|
|Herding Started -Ducks -Course A (HSAD) OR Course B (HSBD)||1|
|Rally - Total Possible Per Dog: 5 points|
|Rally Champion (RACH)||2|
|Rally Advanced Excellent (RAE)||1|
|Rally Excellent (RE)||1|
|Rally Advanced (RA)||1|
Applications for a Hall of Fame Excellent Breeder award must be filled out on the "MASCUSA Hall of Fame Excellent Breeder Application Form," and accompanied by a Breeder of Record Report from AKC.
Breeder of Record reports are done on an individual basis and charged on an hourly basis. Requests should be made to firstname.lastname@example.org and should include the following information: Request for Breeder of Record Report for MASCUSA ROM Program, Person's name (and any other name used) and Kennel Name. Report to include titled dogs only and to include dog's name and titles and breeder's name.
Any applications submitted that are not legible, or that do not include a completed "MASCUSA Hall of Fame Breeder Application Form" will not be processed. When completing the application, all titles must be listed on separate lines. No fee is required.
The MASCUSA Hall of Fame Excellent Breeder Program is for MASCUSA members in good standing only. Certificates will be awarded accordingly, and will be given a number designation in order of the achievement, plus the year it was achieved.
Applications will be processed as they are received. Once approved, Hall of Fame Excellent Breeder awards will be published in the next issue of the Tuesday Talk.
Before submitting your application, please double check the following:
- I have a printed copy of my AKC Breeder Report generated by AKC which clearly shows my name as breeder and includes titles.
- I have checked to be sure that the titles I am counting are on the point schedule.
- I have a combined total of at least 250 points.
- I have bred at least 20 Miniature American Shepherd AKC champions.
- I have bred at least five Miniature American Shepherds with Performance Champion titles (MACH/PACH, OTCH, HC, RACH.).
- I have bred at least four Miniature American Shepherds with started herding titles or higher.
- I have bred 10 Miniature American Shepherds with obedience and/or rally titles (e.g. A dog with an CD and RA can count only one. At least three of the obedience and/or rally titles must be CDX or RE or higher for this requirement.)
- I have bred 10 Miniature American Shepherds with agility titles (e.g. A dog can count NA or NAJ, but only one agility title per dog AND at least three of the agility titles must be AX/AXJ or higher for this requirement.)
- I have completed the application, using one line for each title.
To apply for the Hall of Fame Excellent Breeder Program, submit the Hall of Fame Excellent (HOFX) Breeder Application.
Approved by the MASCUSA Board of Directors April 13, 2021.