Miniature American Shepherd Breed Standard Evaluation and Education Committee
- Develop breed standard annotations.
- Monitor the manner in which the breed standard is being interpreted in the show ring while our breed is in the AKC Miscellaneous classification. Identify areas/sections to be amended, if needed, and develop proposed changes prior to full recognition of our breed.
- Develop a presentation using the approved breed standard and annotations to be used for all Judges' Education Seminars.
- Research/coordinate with AKC, American Dog Show Judges Advance Institution, American Canine Education Foundation and other organizations that schedule Judges Education seminars.
- Research other breed parent club's programs, i.e., Shetland Sheepdog, Doberman, Basset Hound, Pembroke Welsh Corgi, etc., on Judges' Education Seminars and presentations.
- Develop other educational materials for judges, as needed.
- Conduct surveys, as needed.
- Review requests for Judge's Education seminar sanctioning and make recommendations to the Board.
- For MASCUSA Board approved Judge's Education seminars in which our breed will or has participated: maintain a calendar (on the YAHOO list's calendar) of all upcoming approved seminars, a list of seminars pending approval, and those already conducted with appropriate information, i.e., date, location, names of participants and attending judges.
- Develop a budget/cost projection for materials to be used at Judges' Seminars and the cost of distribution, as applicable. Determine if other costs will be incurred and develop a budget/cost projection for those costs.
- All major work products of the committee must be submitted to the MASCUSA Board for approval prior to releasing to the membership or the public.
- All work generated by the committee is the property of MASCUSA.
- Proposals should be submitted to the Board Liaison; the liaison will present the proposals to the MASCUSA Board for review and approval.
- Submit a report, quarterly or as directed by the Board, of all issues under consideration and recommendations or findings of the committee, supporting documentation and the motion and vote results to the Board Liaison for presentation to the MASCUSA Board. Report should be submitted in a format as prescribed by the MASCUSA Board.
- Design and develop forms, as needed. The MASCUSA Board must approve all forms to be used by the membership and/or the public.
- Coordinate with the Public Relations Committee for photographs or graphics needed for presentations and/or other materials, as needed.
- Coordinate with other committees, as needed.
- Provide content for the MASCUSA website to the Board.
- The MASCUSA Board reserves the right to amend, alter, or otherwise change the charter for all committees.
Approved by the MASCUSA Board of Directors March 7, 2012.